The year 2012 marks tenth year of our celebration. Had it not been for your cooperation and participation, we wouldn’t have come this far. Looking back at the first year, when we rented a small Kalyan Mantapa opposite Koramangala Police Station in 2003, it seems like we’re now in a new age, specially this year, when Radio Mirchi has partnered with us to make the tenth year a grand event and a gala celebration.
We’re thankful to Radio Mirchi for their support.
His Excellency, Dr. Hansraj Bhardwaj, the Governor of Karnataka, has consented to inaugurate this year’s festival on 22nd October, Monday, Ashtami.
The highlights of the professional cultural events for this year are:
- A Sizzling Performance by Kunal Ganjawala on 21st October, Sunday, Saptami
- The Scent of Bengal – An Evening with Swapan Basu featuring Bengali Folk Songs on 19th October, Friday, Panchami
- An Evening on the Rocks – A performance by Krosswindz on 20th October, Saturday, Shashti
- Contemporary Bengali & Hindi songs by
o June Banerjee on 22nd October, (Monday, Ashtami)
o Emon Chatterjee and Sukanya Ghosh on 23rd October (Tuesday, Navami)
The other usual attractions are the in-house programs:
- Kohal – Retro and Contemporary Music: 20th October (Shashti)
- Durga Bandana – Semi Classical Choreography: 21st October (Saptami)
- Rabindra Sangeet and Modern Bengali songs: 22nd October (Ashtami)
- Bollywood Dance: 23rd October (Navami)